HARUNA Organic Ceremonial Matcha Refill
Full-body, smooth Matcha with subtle roasted notes and lingering Umami.
HARUNA is our Organic Ceremonial grade Matcha grown and ground in Kagoshima following the strict regulations set by JAS (Japanese Agricultural Standards of Organic Products).
Organic Matcha requires a lot more effort to be grown, and even more when it needs to meet the high quality requirements of a true Ceremonial grade. Prior to introducing Haruna to our range we have sampled several variety of organic Matcha and nothing has come close to the refined character of this blend.
Haruna showcases an outstanding emerald green colour which brews a bold, intense yet smooth liquor that bursts with roasted notes, earthy flavours and lingering Umami, all delivered in a velvety and silky texture.
*Packaging developed specifically as a refill for our Biophotonic Glass jar. Once opened transfer the Matcha into jar and keep airtight at all times. Please do not purchase without an appropriate airtight storage jar as the refill bag does not seal airtight.
Flavour profile: Full-body and earthy Matcha with roasted notes, minimal astringency and persistent Umami.
Colour: Deep Emerald Green
Harvest: Young and tender hand picked leaves from the first spring harvest of the season. Tea plants have been shade grown for 24 days to maintain high levels of L-Theanine and minimize astringency.
Origin: Grown and hand-picked in Kagoshima, located within the Kyushu Island, South of Japan.
Storage: Gently cut open bag and empty into our Biophotonic Glass jar. Seal jar immediately after use and store in a cool dry place, away from moisture and strong odours.
We recommend to prepare this Matcha using our Handcrafted Bamboo Whisk for optimal aeration of the tea and a creamy texture.
For more specifications on all our grades please refer to our Grades Chart.
We recommend this Ceremonial grade for:
Usu-Cha (traditional hot Matcha tea):
- Sift 2g of Matcha into a bowl
- Wet with 20ml of 80°C water and knead into a paste using a Bamboo Whisk
- Add more water (50ml) and briskly whisk back and forth until a fine layer of froth forms on the top.
- Drink immediately.
Coldbrew Iced Matcha:
- Sift 2g of Matcha into a shaker filled with 250ml of water
- Add sweetness (optional) and shake well.
- Place a few ice cubes into a glass and pour your Matcha over ice.
- Enjoy your Coldbrew Iced Matcha
Premium Matcha Latte:
- Sift 2-3g of Matcha into your mug (add sweetness if preferred)
- Add 20ml of 80°C water and knead with your Bamboo Whisk until smooth
- Steam your desired amount of milk (150-200ml) and pour into paste.
Haruna is also suitable for the creations of Matcha Cocktails and premium fresh desserts such as Matcha cream fillings and Matcha Ice Cream. Not recommended for baking purposes, please use our Shizen Organic Culinary Grade Matcha instead
- All orders over AUD $60.00 ship FREE within Australia (1-4 business days) and FREE EXPRESS (next business day) in VIC within Postcode 3000-3210
- Orders below $60.00 ship at a flat rate of AUD $5.00 for Standard Post (2-4 days delivery) and AUD $10.00 for Express Post (next business day*) Australia wide.
- Orders over $100.00 ship FREE EXPRESS (next business day)* Australia wide
* Next Business day Express Post delivery is guaranteed only within major Metro areas. For regional areas please allow up to 2-3 business days
USA & CANADA
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (6 business days) - AUD$ 10.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (5 business days) - AUD$ 18.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (4 business days) - AUD$ 35.00
ASIA & PACIFIC
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (10 business days) - AUD$ 10.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (6-7 business days) - AUD$ 18.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (3-4 business days) - AUD$ 35.00
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (9 business days) - AUD$ 15.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (7 business days) - AUD$ 23.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (5 business days) - AUD$ 42.00
REST OF THE WORLD
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (10 business days) - AUD$ 17.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (6-8 business days) - AUD$ 25.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (4-5 business days) - AUD$ 52.00