YOHAN | Shirakawa Gokou Matcha
YOHAN is a 100% Gokou cultivar Matcha crafted by an award-winning producer from Shirakawa in Uji, Kyoto.
A wonderfully balanced, full-bodied Matcha with intense floral aromas and a long Umami finish. A must try cultivar from our Shirakawa offerings.
We're honoured to be Australia's first and only supplier offering this rare and delicious Matcha, and we look forward to sharing it with our community.
Crafted from tea trees that have been nurtured mainly with organic fertilizers (note that this is not a certified organic tea), and shade-grown for 50 days using a thick black cloth that blocks out most of the sunlight (Kanreisha).
Fully hand-picked and gently stone-milled into a soft silky powder, excellent for Koicha and Usucha.
- Flavour profile: Balanced, rich and floral with a lingering savoury finish.
- Harvest & Growth: 1st harvest (spring 2020) / shade-grown for 50 days / hand-picked and stone-milled
- Origin: Grown and processed in Shirakawa, Uji, Kyoto.
Storage: Seal package immediately after use and store in a cool dry place, away from sunlight, moisture, and strong odours.
Usucha (traditional Matcha tea)
- Sift 2g of Matcha into a bowl
- Wet with 20ml of 80°C water and knead into a paste using a Bamboo Whisk
- Add more water (50ml) and briskly whisk back and forth until a fine layer of froth forms on the top.
- Drink immediately.
Koicha (thick Matcha tea):
- Sift 4g of Matcha into a bowl
- Add 30-40ml of 80°C water and knead into a paste using a Bamboo Whisk
- Adjust consistency to taste and consume as is, without whisking into a frothy brew.
- Upon sipping, roll the liquor around the palate to allow a full appreciation of its subtle and complex notes.
Coldbrew Iced Matcha
- Sift 2g of Matcha into a shaker filled with 250ml of water
- Add sweetness (optional) and shake well.
- Place a few ice cubes into a glass and pour your Matcha over ice.
- Enjoy your Coldbrew Iced Matcha.