YUKIRO Premium Ceremonial Matcha
Sweet, light and refined Matcha with complex floral and roasted notes, velvety texture and intense Umami.
YUKIRO is our finest blend, and some of the highest quality Matcha available all across Japan. We recommend this Ceremonial Matcha to those who enjoy an elegant, sweet and refined brew.
The sweet floral notes, rich Umami and iridescent green colour of this rare artisanal Matcha are the result of very attentive growing, shading and processing methods. A blend that symbolises the endless pursuit of perfection in Japanese tea craftsmanship.
We suggest to brew our Yukiro using your desired amount of Matcha (1 to 4g per bowl) while keeping a very low water ratio, meaning that your brew will be thicker and more intense. This will allow you to fully experience the true complexity of this grade with each sip.
*Our Biophotonic Glass jar packaging makes the perfect reusable eco-friendly container to store our Matcha. Once your initial 30g batch runs out, you can simply purchase our 30g Refill Bags to top up your jar.
Flavour profile: Yukiro is a sweet, light and refined Matcha with beckoning floral notes and a long finish of lingering Umami.
Colour: Iridescent Green
Harvest & Growth: Produced with tender, hand-picked young shoots from 30+ years old tea plants during the first spring harvest. Shade grown using "Tana" method for at least 30 days prior to picking to maximise levels of L-Theanine, sweetness and Umami.
Origin: Grown and hand-picked in Uji, Kyoto.
Storage: Seal jar immediately after use and store in a cool dry place, away from moisture and strong odours.
Packaging: Biophotonic glass, also known as Miron or Violet glass, is a type of deeply coloured, almost opaque glass which naturally filters the spectrum of visible sunlight, only allowing through Infra Red and UVA light, or ‘violet’ light. Because of its natural ability to block light, Biophotonic glass protects precious contents from perishing in sunlight, increasing their shelf life and effectiveness.
We recommend to prepare this Matcha using our Handcrafted Bamboo Whisk for better aeration of the tea resulting in a creamy texture.
For more specifications on all our grades please refer to our Grades Chart.
We recommend this Ceremonial grade for:
Usucha (traditional hot Matcha tea):
- Sift 2g of Matcha into a bowl
- Wet with 20ml of 80°C water and knead into a paste using a Bamboo Whisk
- Add more water (50ml) and briskly whisk back and forth until a fine layer of froth forms on the top.
- Drink immediately.
Koicha (thick Matcha tea):
- Sift 4g of Matcha into a bowl
- Add 30-40ml of 80°C water and knead into a paste using a Bamboo Whisk
- Adjust consistency to taste and consume as is, without whisking into a frothy brew.
- Upon sipping, roll the liquor around the palate to allow a full appreciation of its subtle and complex notes.
- All orders over AUD $60.00 ship FREE within Australia (1-4 business days) and FREE EXPRESS (next business day) in VIC within Postcode 3000-3210
- Orders below $60.00 ship at a flat rate of AUD $5.00 for Standard Post (2-4 days delivery) and AUD $10.00 for Express Post (next business day*) Australia wide.
- Orders over $100.00 ship FREE EXPRESS (next business day)* Australia wide
* Next Business day Express Post delivery is guaranteed only within major Metro areas. For regional areas please allow up to 2-3 business days
USA & CANADA
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (6 business days) - AUD$ 10.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (5 business days) - AUD$ 18.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (4 business days) - AUD$ 35.00
ASIA & PACIFIC
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (10 business days) - AUD$ 10.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (6-7 business days) - AUD$ 18.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (3-4 business days) - AUD$ 35.00
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (9 business days) - AUD$ 15.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (7 business days) - AUD$ 23.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (5 business days) - AUD$ 42.00
REST OF THE WORLD
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (10 business days) - AUD$ 17.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (6-8 business days) - AUD$ 25.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (4-5 business days) - AUD$ 52.00