HANAE Ceremonial Matcha
Smooth & rich Matcha with subtle floral notes and light Umami.
Hanae is our entry-level Ceremonial-grade blend that suits a wide variety of uses. This great Uji Matcha brews a refreshing liquor with a great balance of sweetness/light astringency and a pleasant silky mouthfeel.
It is a very flexible blend that holds enough delicacy to be whisked into a creamy and smooth Usucha (traditional Matcha Tea) while also being characterised by a rich body that allows it to be mixed with other ingredients (such as milk, cocktails, chocolate or fresh creams) delivering a great Matcha fragrance.
*Our Biophotonic Glass jar packaging makes the perfect reusable eco-friendly container to store our Matcha. Once your initial 30g batch runs out, you can simply purchase our 30g Refill Bags to top up your jar.
Flavour profile: Smooth, rich and earthy with subtle floral notes, light astringency and a refreshing finish of light Umami.
Colour: Emerald Green
Harvest & Growth: Produced using young and soft leaves, hand-picked during the first spring harvest from tea trees that have been shade-grown with "Jikagise" method for at least 20 days prior to the harvest to maintain a good level of L-Theanine and sweetness.
Origin: Uji, Kyoto (Japan)
Storage: Seal jar immediately after use and store in a cool dry place, away from moisture and strong odours.
Packaging: Biophotonic glass, also known as Miron or Violet glass, is a type of deeply coloured, almost opaque glass which naturally filters the spectrum of visible sunlight, only allowing through Infra Red and UVA light, or ‘violet’ light. Because of its natural ability to block light, Biophotonic glass protects precious contents from perishing in sunlight, increasing their shelf life and effectiveness.
We recommend to prepare this Matcha using our Handcrafted Bamboo Whisk for better aeration of the tea resulting in a creamy texture.
We recommend this Ceremonial grade for:Usu-Cha (traditional hot Matcha tea):
- Sift 2g of Matcha into a bowl
- Wet with 20ml of 80°C water and knead into a paste using a Bamboo Whisk
- Add more water (50ml) and briskly whisk back and forth until a fine layer of froth forms on the top.
- Drink immediately.
- Sift 2g of Matcha into a shaker filled with 250ml of water
- Add sweetness (optional) and shake well.
- Place a few ice cubes into a glass and pour your Matcha over ice.
- Enjoy your Coldbrew Iced Matcha
- Sift 2-3g of Matcha into your mug (add sweetness if preferred)
- Add 20ml of 80°C water and knead with your Bamboo Whisk until smooth
- Steam your desired amount of milk (150-200ml) and pour into paste.
Hanae is also suitable for the creations of Matcha Cocktails and premium fresh desserts such as Matcha cream fillings and Matcha Ice Cream. Not recommended for baking purposes, please use our Culinary Grade Matcha instead
- All orders over AUD $60.00 ship FREE within Australia (1-4 business days) and FREE EXPRESS (next business day) in VIC within Postcode 3000-3210
- Orders below $60.00 ship at a flat rate of AUD $6.90 for Standard Post (2-4 days delivery) and AUD $10.00 for Express Post (next business day*) Australia wide.
- Orders over $100.00 ship FREE EXPRESS (next business day)* Australia wide
* Next Business day Express Post delivery is guaranteed only within major Metro areas. For regional areas please allow up to 2-3 business days
USA & CANADA
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (6 business days) - AUD$ 10.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (5 business days) - AUD$ 18.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (4 business days) - AUD$ 35.00
ASIA & PACIFIC
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (10 business days) - AUD$ 10.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (6-7 business days) - AUD$ 18.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (3-4 business days) - AUD$ 35.00
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (9 business days) - AUD$ 15.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (7 business days) - AUD$ 23.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (5 business days) - AUD$ 42.00
REST OF THE WORLD
Economy Airmail Service - Not Trackable (10 business days) - AUD$ 17.00
Standard Airmail Service - Trackable (6-8 business days) - AUD$ 25.00
Express Airmail Service - Trackable (4-5 business days) - AUD$ 52.00