YUKIRO Premium Ceremonial Matcha
30g Biophotonic Glass Jar
We recommend this Matcha for:
- Koicha (strong, thick tea)
- Usucha (traditional Matcha tea)
- Cold Brew Matcha
*Packaging info: our Biophotonic Glass jar packaging makes a great reusable eco-friendly container to store our Matcha. Once your initial 30g batch runs out, you can simply purchase our 30g Refill Bags to top up your jar. (read more below)
YUKIRO is our finest Ceremonial Grade Uji Matcha.
Produced in small batches from young and tender tea leaves that lack of any astringent flavour, YUKIRO brews a gentle and sweet liquor that slowly unveils a surprising complexity: initial notes of young peas and green sprouts give way to nutty, roasted undertones that turn into a savoury, marine-like finish of lingering Umami.
We are proud to be offering this rare artisanal Matcha that has been blended in collaboration with Mr. Morita Haruhide - a highly respected Kyoto Tea Master and Blender that has been awarded countless titles and appraisals, including a 9th level Tea Master dan held by only a handful of Japanese.
We suggest brewing our YUKIRO with a ratio of 2g Matcha to 60ml of water, meaning that your brew will be rich and intense, fully expressing the subtle and complex flavours of this Matcha.
We tested the L-Theanine levels of this Matcha, which shows an outstanding count of 26.7 mg/g (6x higher than average commercial-grade Matcha). Tested by APAF Australian Proteome Analysis Facility at Macquarie University.
- Flavour profile: Yukiro is a sweet, refined Matcha with beckoning floral notes, nutty and savoury undertones and a long finish of lingering Umami.
- Harvest & Growth: 1st flush (spring) / shade-grown for 30 days / hand-picked
- Origin: Grown and hand-picked in Uji, Kyoto.
Storage: Seal package immediately after use and store in a cool dry place, away from sunlight, moisture, and strong odours.
Preparing this Matcha using our Chasen Bamboo Whisk would allow optimal aeration and mixing of the powder, creating a smoother and creamier brew.
For more specifications on all our grades please refer to our Grades Chart.
Packaging: Biophotonic glass, also known as Miron or Violet glass, is a type of deeply coloured, almost opaque glass that naturally filters the spectrum of visible sunlight, only allowing through Infra-Red and UVA light, or ‘violet’ light. Because of its natural ability to block light, Biophotonic glass protects precious contents from perishing in sunlight, increasing their shelf life and effectiveness.
THIS MATCHA IS BEST ENJOYED AS:
Usucha (traditional Matcha tea)
- Sift 2g of Matcha into a bowl
- Wet with 20ml of 80°C water and knead into a paste using a Bamboo Whisk
- Add more water (50ml) and briskly whisk back and forth until a fine layer of froth forms on the top.
- Drink immediately.
Koicha (thick Matcha tea):
- Sift 4g of Matcha into a bowl
- Add 30-40ml of 80°C water and knead into a paste using a Bamboo Whisk
- Adjust consistency to taste and consume as is, without whisking into a frothy brew.
- Upon sipping, roll the liquor around the palate to allow a full appreciation of its subtle and complex notes.
Coldbrew Iced Matcha
- Sift 2g of Matcha into a shaker filled with 250ml of water
- Add sweetness (optional) and shake well.
- Place a few ice cubes into a glass and pour your Matcha over ice.
- Enjoy your Coldbrew Iced Matcha.